Career Transition – International Communications
Large scale career transition services – international communications company
- Employees impacted: 400+
- Locations: 9 throughout Australia
- Length of project: 3 years
- Client contact: Human Resource Director and National Human Resource Business Partner team
Service was provided in multiple locations, including metropolitan cities and regional locations and required flexible solutions including on and off-site support/programs.
- Flexibility was key in this project, as needs changed across the life of the project. The employees we supported ranged from operational and administrative staff through to senior executives, so highly individualised programs were needed.
- To support the HRBPs in each state, Trevor-Roberts implemented ongoing project management and communications in each location, with coordination from our head office.
- Additional support was required for managers who had little/no experience in restructures & redundancies. Our coaches were there to guide managers through the challenging and highly charged environment throughout the transformation.
- Trevor-Roberts contacted individuals within 24 hours of notification. Where possible, the first coaching session was conducted within 3 days of initial phone call in order to support the individual as they exited the organisation and to manage the emotions that come with such a transition. This also assisted the organisation to effectively manage its employer brand amongst remaining and exiting employees.
- Assisting employees to identify career direction following their redundancy. Each program was tailored to suit the employee’s individual circumstances – transition to retirement, starting their own business or consultancy or finding a new role quickly to ensure time out of work was avoided or minimised.
- Defining and implementing a suitable job search strategy for their skills and levels of experience and based on their identified career direction.
- For individuals looking to secure a new role quickly, coaches worked to prepare a resume and develop interview skills to decrease length of time each affected employee was not working.
- Net promoter score for this project: 641
- 97% would highly rate the effectiveness of their Trevor-Roberts Career Transition Program
- 94% would highly rate their experience with their Trevor-Roberts career coach
- More than half the program participants had successfully transitioned after only 4 sessions with their career coach. This was a great result, given that seek.com.au reports over a quarter (26%) of job seekers who are currently searching for a new job have been looking for three to six months.
Very thoughtful and caring. Nothing was a problem, any time of the day. Made me feel like I still had a future, which was very reassuring. Everything was a positive experience.